Reach your fundraising target with these helpful hints and tips. We'll help you every step of the way, to provide you with everything you need to fundraise in your local area.
By working together we will be able to find ways to prevent, detect, treat and stop breast cancer. It’s time to act. It’s time to get inspired. It’s time now.
However you decide to fundraise you will not be alone. We are here to help, offer advice and share useful hints and tips to make the most of your exciting events.
We’ll provide you with lots of ideas and advice in your free fundraising pack, but here are a few suggestions to get you started and inspire you to sign up for more info.
Events are a great way to bring the community together and do something positive for Breast Cancer Now. Here are a few of our favourites:
- Brighten up elevenses by holding a tea party at work or at home. You can hope to raise around £200 by tempting your colleagues and friends with your spread of sweet treats. This would pay for breast cancer drugs which facilitates our scientists to understand how best to treat breast cancer; the best feel-good cake around!
- Host a quiz night and let your competitive side run wild. A battle of the brains can be a roaring success, raising around £500. Divide your friends and family into teams, accompany with a prize raffle and challenge your community to put their money where their mouth is.
- Organise a themed evening ball. Throwing a party can be one of the best and most exciting ways to raise some funds. Get the local press involved and you can set a target of £2,000. Tailor the event to your local community by setting a theme everyone can invest in, involve local talent and host the party of a lifetime that will contribute to research that will last a lifetime.
Guess2Give is a unique way to raise money over and above your existing fundraising activity because there’s a twist – everyone making a guess could pocket the cash prize in your online charity sweepstake. Find out more.
Why not get sponsored to do something you’ve never done before?
- Use some pedal power to keep our research moving forward by organising a sponsored cycle. Take on the challenge to set a blazing trail for your community and for future research. A sponsored bike ride is a fantastic way to enjoy the great outdoors, navigate the local county and get everybody on their bikes.
- Gather the local community to step out in style for a sponsored walk. Sponsored walks are such popular events as they cater to all ages and interests and so can encapsulate a large number of supporters. With the potential to raise £500, you would enable our researchers to run 50 protein interaction experiments to better understand cancer cells. The walk can take as long as you like, so put your best foot forward and be confident that you are leading everyone to a better future free from breast cancer.
Organising the day was hard work, but the generosity of everyone who took part made it all worthwhile. It was fantastic to see everyone dressed up in pink, enjoying the day and of course raising much needed funds for breast cancer research.
Get your local community on board, unlock the successes of our fundraising events and secure the best possible publicity platform; act now, order your fundraising pack today.
Whatever event you decide to do we’re here to support you every step of the way. Your time, your energy, your commitment - you will make all the difference.
For more information
We also have lots of lovely pink promotional materials we can send you so please do get in touch with us on 020 7025 2402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you’ve got planned.