Apply for a position on our Student Fundraising Innovation Board.
Breast Cancer Now’s student fundraising programme has grown significantly over the past ten years and we pride ourselves on constantly looking for ways to improve our portfolio and fundraiser experience. This cannot be done without insight and input from students like you. We are always looking for opportunities to involve you in our strategic planning and support your personal development.
Our award-winning Student Fundraising Innovation Board will provide a unique opportunity for Breast Cancer Now to share concepts and strategies at a very early stage of development and for students with a passion for fundraising to share their thoughts and ideas to shape the direction of our programme.
What’s in it for you?
- An insight into student fundraising from a charity perspective
- Involvement in the shaping of Breast Cancer Now’s future student fundraising programme
- A chance to ensure your university’s needs are incorporated into our programme
- Fantastic experience to include on your CV, with advice on how to utilise this role for both the charity and other sectors
- An innovation board certification upon completion of the programme
- An invitation to our student thank you reception
The role will be particularly beneficial for anyone looking to develop a career in student fundraising, either through their university or with a charity, although the skills and experience gained can be applied to any sector.
What does the role involve?
The Innovation Board will consist of around 10 students from Universities across the UK.
The Board will meet three times:
- Wednesday 31 January 2018
- Wednesday 14 March 2018
- Wednesday 23 May 2018
Each session will involve exploring new events, activities and ideas for Breast Cancer Now’s student fundraising programme through a combination of group discussions, facilitated idea-generation and small team projects.
Breast Cancer Now will provide food, refreshments and a £20 contribution towards travel costs.
Between each session Board members will be set tasks such as reviewing participant communications and providing vital knowledge on the student market.
To apply you must be a current university student available to attend the pre-arranged meetings and meet the following criteria:
- Experience of fundraising at university
- Interest in student fundraising and the charity sector
- Innovative, spotting new opportunities and ways to improve existing activities
- Reliable and punctual
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in presenting ideas and participating in group discussions
- A team player, able to work with others to achieve a positive outcome
Applications for the Student Fundraising Innovation Board are open now and will close on 12 January 2018.