Breast Cancer Now is delighted to be nominated to be one of St Andrews Charities Campaign’s chosen charities for 2017/18.
Breast Cancer is the most common form of cancer in the UK, with over 700,000 women and men living with or after a diagnosis and 11,500 people losing their lives to the disease every year. Our aim is clear – by 2050, we want everyone who develops breast to live.
We cannot reach this goal without the support of people like you helping us to fund our life-saving research projects. If you are a University of St Andrews student, please vote for us and help us create a future free from the fear of breast cancer. Voting closes on Monday 17 April.
Why vote for us?
Here’s a few reasons why we think Breast Cancer Now would be an ideal charity partner for St Andrews:
- Our experienced student fundraising team – three staff members with over 20 years combined student fundraising experience focusing on supporting universities across the UK
- We provide support from our office in Edinburgh and local representatives in St Andrews
- We offer a range of events and activities created specifically for students – such as the largest student London to Paris bike ride and our Big Punk Jump skydive
- We support research at your own university – we recently funded a psychosocial research project carried out at St Andrews University by Professor Gerald Humphris into the fear of cancer recurrence
- We provide a variety of fundraising materials and resources designed for students – such as our student fundraising guide and video case studies from fellow student fundraisers
- Our free Breast Check App will encourage your students to regularly check their breasts
- The opportunity to take part in our networking and training events – sharing ideas and best practice with universities from across the UK
Vote for us online via the St Andrews website
You can read more about our student fundraising programme or, if you have any questions, get in touch with us on 020 7749 3717 – we’d love to hear from you.