Your support through a charitable trust is essential to us; without it, our influential and life-saving portfolio of research into breast cancer would not exist.
Thank you very much indeed if you are a representative of a trust that supports us and welcome if this is your first contact with us.
Our current funders and work
We are enormously grateful to our funders, including the Mary-Jean Mitchell Green Foundation, the Haley Family Charitable Trust and The Fidelity UK Foundation for providing significant contributions to our world-class work.
In autumn 2014, Breast Cancer Campaign and Breakthrough Breast Cancer agreed to merge to form one united charity, Breast Cancer Now, the UK’s largest, dedicated breast cancer research charity.
Both charities were committed to the shared goal of overcoming breast cancer by 2015 and the merger was welcomed by our scientists.
Our research strategy is based on independent gap analyses of the unanswered research questions that have the potential to bring the greatest benefit to people with breast cancer.
We have four priority areas which are crucial to improving survival rates and making progress towards our 2015 goal:
- Risk and prevention - we need a better understanding of who is most at risk and how to prevent breast cancer developing
- Early detection and diagnosis - we need earlier and more accurate methods of identifying breast cancer
- Improved treatments - we need more effective and personalised treatments that have less severe side effects
- Secondary breast cancer - breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, is known as 'secondary breast cancer' and it is the main reason that around 11,500 women and 80 men die from breast cancer every year – that’s nearly 1,000 deaths each month. We are determined to stop women dying of breast cancer.
We will continue to fund centres of research excellence and an open; UK-wide research programme that includes:
- Research pilots to test new ideas and collect initial data
- PhD studentships to attract the brightest young scientists to a career in breast cancer research
- Up to three years of project support for major investigations into breast cancer
- Scientific Fellowships for the most outstanding researchers to become Team Leaders
Working with us
If you are interested in supporting us and would like more information, to meet members of our team or to see our research in action, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Please contact Rosie Reynolds by calling 020 3714 2342 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org