Raising money in your local area is a fantastic way to help Breast Cancer Now support people affected by breast cancer, be connected to your local community and to make new friends.
What could I be doing?
This role involves many different activities which you can pick and choose from, depending on your interests and availability.
- Organising fundraising events either on your own or with a group
- Placing collection tins in your local shops
- Join in or organise your own bucket collection
- Promoting our community fundraising campaigns
- Helping at local events
- Raise awareness about our organisation and how people can support us by giving talks or attending an information stand
- Attend a cheque collection or supporters event to say thank you
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Be pro-active and confident with good communication skills
- Have good organisational skills
- Be comfortable with cash handling and good numeracy skills
- Have access to a vehicle or good transport links
- Good knowledge of local area and have good networking skills
What commitment is required?
This role is very flexible and is designed to fit around your lifestyle and interests
- You will be invited to attend a Welcome Workshop (1 day), and will receive training on fundraising procedures relevant to the activity you decide to undertake
- It is important that you are committed to working within Breast Cancer Now's policies and guidelines
What will I gain from volunteering for Breast Cancer Now?
- Making a difference to your local community and helping people affected by breast cancer
- Having fun, meeting new people and sharing your enthusiasm
- Developing your knowledge and skills, enhancing your CV
What ongoing support and guidance will there be?
- Support from your local Breast Cancer Now Community Fundraising team and Volunteer Coordinator
- Opportunities to meet and network with staff and fellow supporters and volunteers during the year