Join our research revolution
By taking on the £1,000 Challenge, you’ll be raising vital funds for secondary breast cancer research.
The coronavirus has left breast cancer research facing its biggest crisis in decades. We’ve lost more than 100 days in our labs. 100 days of world-class research. 100 days of innovations.
Join our research revolution and bring us closer to the day where everyone with secondary breast cancer lives and lives well.
Fundraise from home
However you choose to fundraise, don’t forget to follow current government guidelines.
Our friendly team are here to help you fundraise from the comfort of your own home, so you don’t need to worry about Covid-19 restrictions getting in the way.
How do I take part?
- Register: Receive your fundraising pack and pledge to raise a minimum of £1,000 for secondary breast cancer research.
- Deadline: You have until July 2021 to reach your goal, so let’s get cracking.
- Get creative with your fundraising: Are you more of an organised walker or a virtual crafternoon-er? There are so many ways for you to reach your fundraising target. Take a look at take a look at our at home fundraising ideas for inspiration.
- Fund our research: Your donations will be dedicated to funding secondary breast cancer research
- Celebrate your achievements: Anyone who pays in fundraising of £1,000 or more before 31 July 2021 will have the exclusive opportunity to dedicate a name to be displayed on the Breast Cancer Now Toby Robins Research Centre £1,000 Challengers’ wall. For those who pay in their fundraising after 31 July 2021, this is not a guarantee and this will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
As a £1,000 challenger I don’t feel pressurised as £1,000 seems to come easily. Even the smallest events are appreciated by the charity.
Jo, a Breast Cancer Now supporter
Information for you
Secondary breast cancer research
Find out more about our secondary breast cancer research.
Need a game or maybe some decorations for a fundraiser? We have just what you need, ready to download.
COVID-19 has provided new ideas for fundraising
Read Jason's story about the inspiring way he fundraised during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Get in touch
If you would like to ask a question about the £1,000 Challenge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0333 20 70 300.