Connect with us
Coffee. Cake. What’s not to love? A coffee morning or cake sale is a brilliant way to bring people together and raise money to help change the future of breast cancer.
Tips for hosting a coffee morning
- Time: depending on the size of your coffee morning extravaganza, give your guests anywhere from two to four hours to enjoy as much cake as they can.
- Venue: hold your coffee morning at work, your local community centre, favourite café or even your own living room or garden.
- Food: give yourself plenty of time to bake if you’re going solo, or keep things simple by asking guests to bring their own bakes along. You could even hand out prizes to the best bakers! Just remember to read this info about serving food at an event.
- Fundraising: ask for a suggested donation for each slice of cake, charge an entrance fee or have a collection tin next to your bakes. If you’d rather not have to deal with lots of pennies, set up a JustGiving page and put a QR code on any posters so guests can donate easily.
And why not put the icing on the cake with a few fundraising games? Invite guests to guess the weight of the bake, number of sweets in the jar, or even use our handy pink sweepstake to raise a little extra.
- Prizes: raffles and prizes can really boost the money you raise. Ask local businesses or guests to donate items to raffle off. And just remember to read these guidelines on raffling at an event first.
- Decorations and more: wherever you are, making everything look the part is key. And we’ve got just what you need. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 025 2425 and we can set you up with balloons, banners and more! There’s also lots that you can download straight from our website including posters, bunting and games.
Before you get started...
Make sure to read the legal information on fundraisers, it contains lots of important information you’ll need to know before you set out on making your event a reality.
Remember you can always get in touch with us at email@example.com if you want to talk about your plans.
Got a plan in place or looking for more inspiration? Request our fundraising pack today to get started!