Coffee. Cake. What’s not to like? A coffee morning is a brilliant way of raising money to change the future of breast cancer.
Tips for hosting a coffee morning
- Time – depending on whether you’re going online or in person, it could take anywhere from two weeks to two months to organise one of these. And again, depending on what you’re going for, give your guests anywhere from two to four hours to enjoy the proceedings!
- Venue – either go digital, and ask everyone to donate to join in from their own front rooms on a video call, or together in person (restrictions permitting). If you’re doing the latter, scout out a community hall, leisure centre or café.
- Food – if you’re staying online, then why not have everyone bake something at home and enjoy it together on the day? Or, get baking ahead of time if you’re seeing everyone in person. You can still ask people to bring in something to cut down costs and even hand out prizes to the best baker! Just remember to read this info about serving food at an event.
- Prizes – raffles and prizes can really boost the money you raise. You could ask local businesses or guests to donate items to raffle off, too. Just remember to read these guidelines on raffling at an event.
- Decorations and more – whether you’re at home or in a hall, making everything look the part is still important. We’ve got just what you need too – just get in touch with us at email@example.com or on 0333 20 70 300 and we can give you balloons, banners and more!
Before you get started
Make sure to read the legal information on fundraisers, it contains lots of important information you’ll need to know before you set out on making your event a reality.
And don’t forget to keep up with the latest government guidelines on COVID-19. Always make sure that your plans keep within the latest rules.
Remember you can always get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to talk about your plans.
Got a plan in place or looking for more inspiration? Request our fundraising pack today to get started!