Connect with us
If you’re a dab hand at crafts, then this is just the thing for you. Share your creative skills by selling what you make, or bring people together to learn a new skill by holding your own workshop. Pick your favourite craft and soon enough you’ll be raising money to help anyone affected by breast cancer.
A great way to get started is by setting up a JustGiving page. It makes collecting donations super easy , and you can set a fundraising target too, so it’s simple to track your progress. You could even display a QR code on any posters so guests can donate even more easily.
Choose your craft
- Knitting: all you need to do is download our bespoke knitting pattern and buy some yarn to get started. If you’re not sure how to knit, head to YouTube to get to grips with your needles.
- Crocheting: just one granny square and you’ll be hooked. Crochet is easy to start with and you’ll be onto bags and blankets in no time.
- Card making: a personalised card is wonderful for any occasion. Make your own, sell them on and donate the proceeds.
- Pottery making: order some clay and you’re on your way! Start with bowls, mugs and flowerpots. Or, get really creative and make sculptures too.
- Painting or drawing: fancy yourself the next Monet? Put your brush to work and take commissions from friends and family.
- Care packages: put some tasty homemade treats or other special items in a gift-wrapped box to send to friends and family to brighten their day. Ask for a suggested donation in exchange.
Sell your crafts
Share your creations by selling them to friends or at a craft stall.
If you make and sell your crafts as part of a business, there are a few rules to follow. Get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Ask friends and family for a suggested donation: send them your homemade item once they’ve paid in their money.
- Shout about it: drum up support by sharing your page on social media. Tell people what you’re making, and share your JustGiving page so they can donate.
- A picture’s worth a thousand words: don’t forget to upload photos and videos of what you make so that your followers can see what you’re selling.
Hold a craft and chat or organise a class
It’s easy to set up and a great way to catch up with friends and family while practising your craft.
- Pick a date and time: remember, you'll need a week or so to plan the class.
- Venue: this could be at home, in local café (make sure to ask permission) or town hall.
- Invite all your friends: invite your friends and family along to teach them a skill or have a craft and chat, in return for a donation to Breast Cancer Now.
- Sort out materials: make sure you tell everyone what they need to have on hand before the session.
Before you get started
Make sure to read the legal information on fundraisers, it contains lots of important information you’ll need to know before you set out on making your event a reality.
Remember you can always get in touch with us at email@example.com if you want to talk about your plans.
Got a plan in place or looking for more inspiration? Request your fundraising pack today to get started!