Put a spring in your step this month with friends and family and organise your own sponsored walk.
Rural ramble or city stroll, it’s all up to you – just pick your route, choose your distance and get walking. After a winter inside, this is the perfect way to take in the springtime sun and longer days. So pull on your shoes, meet up safely with your friends and walk, for anyone affected by breast cancer.
How to organise a fundraising walk
- Choose your distance – before you start, have a think about how long you want the walk to be. Long walk or step counting – don’t be afraid to challenge yourself. Go for something that you’ll be proud of when it’s all said and done.
- Pick the place – location is important, and the best part about a walking challenge is it’s all up to you. Go for something sentimental – maybe a stroll through where you grew up, or maybe something based on the sights you’ll see along the way. Remember, we’re always here to help you plan it out and make it happen.
- Track it – finding out how far you’ve gone or how many steps you’ve done has never been easier. Strava is a great app for a walking challenge – it tracks how far you’ve walked and how many steps you’ve taken in real time. And it’s free, too!
- Look the part – don’t forget your Breast Cancer Now t-shirt! Just let us know you’d like one at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll send it through to you to wear on the day. Good luck!
- Shout about it – make sure you share your walking challenge all over social media. Tell people what you’re doing, and share your JustGiving page so they can donate. On the day, tell everyone how far you’ve gone – screenshots showing your distance walked are always great!
Before you get started
Make sure to read the legal information on fundraisers, it contains lots of important information you’ll need to know before you set out on making your event a reality.
And don’t forget to keep up with the latest government guidelines on COVID-19. Always make sure that your plans keep within the latest rules.
Remember you can always get in touch with us at email@example.com if you want to talk about your plans.
Got a plan in place or looking for more inspiration? Request our fundraising pack today to get started!