You know the old saying – one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Jumble sales are a fun way to have a good declutter, all for a good cause.
How to host a jumble sale
- Pick a venue or go digital - you’ll need somewhere big enough for different stalls as well as space to walk around them. Halls, local schools and community centres are good places to try. Just make sure you read our legal tips first. You could also go digital too! Sell your items on eBay, Depop or Facebook Marketplace and donate the proceeds to Breast Cancer Now, or have people join the jumble sale online through a video call – present the items yourself and auction them off.
- Set up an online donation page - if you do this, then people who can’t attend your sale can still donate, hear your story and find out how the event went.
- Gather your goods - make sure you get as many items as possible together for the day. If you need to top up what you’ve got, see if local businesses can donate a few things to sell, or reach out to your friends and family on social media for any extra bits and pieces.
- Get your family and friends involved - you’ll need help setting up and running the event as well as counting the money after. See if your friends and family can help out.
- Order your materials - Branded banners, balloons, posters and bunting we’ve got everything you need to make your event look the part. Just get in touch with us at email@example.com or on 0333 20 70 300 to let us know what you need. We’ll be happy to help.
Before you get started
Make sure to read the legal information on fundraisers, it contains lots of important information you’ll need to know before you set out on making your event a reality.
And don’t forget to keep up with the latest government guidelines on COVID-19. Always make sure that your plans keep within the latest rules.
Remember you can always get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to talk about your plans.
Got a plan in place or looking for more inspiration? Request our fundraising pack today to get started!