You know the old saying – one woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure. Jumble sales are a fun way to have a good declutter, all for a good cause.
Tips for hosting a jumble sale
- Pick a venue or go digital: if you’re planning an in-person event, you’ll need somewhere big enough for different stalls as well as space to walk around them. Halls, local schools and community centres are good places to try - just make sure you read our legal tips first. You could also go digital! Sell your items on eBay, Depop or Facebook Marketplace and donate the proceeds to Breast Cancer Now.
- Donations: have collection tins on the day or set up an online JustGiving page. If you do this, then people who can’t attend your sale or don’t have cash can still donate, hear your story and find out how the event went. Display a QR code on any posters to make it even easier for guests to donate.
- Gather your goods: make sure you get as many items as possible together for the day. If you need to top up what you’ve got, see if local businesses can donate a few things to sell, or reach out to your friends and family on social media for any extra bits and pieces.
- Get your family and friends involved: you’ll need help setting up and running the event as well as counting the money after. See if your friends and family can help out!
- Order your materials: from branded banners to balloons, posters and bunting, we’ve got everything you need to make your event look the part. Just get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 025 2425 to let us know what you need.
Before you get started...
Make sure to read the legal information on fundraisers, it contains lots of important information you’ll need to know before you set out on making your event a reality.
Remember you can always get in touch with us at email@example.com if you want to talk about your plans.
Got a plan in place or looking for more inspiration? Request our fundraising pack today to get started!