Free prize draws are a great way to raise money, both in person and virtually.
Just gather up some prizes, shout about your event on social media, get people to enter, and give them away at your event or on a livestream. Have a read below to find out more.
- How it works – a free prize draw is where people can enter to win a prize by chance. Give a suggested donation for your draw, but bear in mind that people can donate less to enter (or even nothing at all according to the law), and ensure that everyone has the same chance of winning.
- Find your prizes – start by asking businesses local to you – if they know that you’re raising money for us, they might be able to donate a prize to your draw. You can ask your friends and family if they’ve got something to offer too. Or if you’ve got a friend who’s a hairdresser, baker or decorator, ask them if they can donate a service as a prize!
- Set up a JustGiving page – people might not have to donate to enter, but a JustGiving page makes taking donations really simple. A few clicks and it’s sorted. Plus, the money comes directly to us, so no worrying about having to pay it in later on.
- Shout about it – before the draw, share the prizes you have on social media and tell everyone why you’re doing the draw, how to enter, and when you’ll choose the winner. This a great moment for you to inspire people to donate, so talk about why you’re raising money for Breast Cancer Now– just make sure to be clear that they don’t need to donate (then it remains a free prize draw).
- Choose your winner – on the day you’ve picked and told everyone about, get ready to choose your winner. Excel has a randomising formula you can use for this. Just make sure to take a screenshot of the spreadsheet and the formula you’ve used to share later on.
- Announce the winner! – Make sure you announce the winner on the social media platform you picked alongside a clear photo of how they were randomly selected. Then, just send them their prize!
And that’s it! It really couldn’t be easier. Random prize draws are always a great add on to other fundraisers too, so why not mix and match?
Before you get started
Make sure to read the legal information on fundraisers, it contains lots of important information you’ll need to know before you set out on making your event a reality.
And don’t forget to keep up with the latest government guidelines on COVID-19. Always make sure that your plans keep within the latest rules.
Remember you can always get in touch with us at email@example.com if you want to talk about your plans.
Got a plan in place or looking for more inspiration? Request our fundraising pack today to get started!