Breast Cancer Care is here so that no one has to face breast cancer alone. We are the only UK-wide charity providing specialist support and tailored information for anyone affected by breast cancer.
Breast Cancer Care is here so that no one has to face breast cancer alone.
We are the only UK-wide charity providing specialist support and tailored information for anyone affected by breast cancer being founded in 1973 by Betty Westgate. She knew from her own experience of breast cancer that there was a lack of information and support for women such as her.
Since then we’ve helped thousands of women and their families every year through our information and our growing face-to-face phone and online services.
We want to do more
But as much as we’ve grown in the past 40 years we know we’re still not doing enough. More than 55000 women are diagnosed every year. We support many of them but people still tell us they wish they’d heard about us earlier.
We don’t want to support just some of the people affected by breast cancer; we want to be there for them all.
Facing breast cancer together is our new strategy to support and engage the 570000 women and men who have had a diagnosis of breast cancer in the UK their families friends healthcare professionals employers and others.
In it we commit to:
• being here for you when you need us
• being easy to find and local where possible
• offering you choice about how to use us
• listening and helping you to make your voice heard
• involving you in decisions that affect you
• speaking out for and with you and raising all our voices together to influence care and treatment of breast cancer
• getting our facts right
• offering training and support to your breast care nurses
• working in partnership with others.
We believe that with your help we can and should be the natural choice for anyone who needs our support or who wants to do something for people affected by breast cancer.
You can also read more about how we help people affected by breast cancer and why we rely on you in our related support leaflet Facing breast cancer together.