What is Moving Forward?
We understand that a person’s need for support doesn’t end when treatment finishes. Our Moving Forward services and information are for anyone living with and beyond breast cancer, helping them approach life after treatment with increased confidence.
Our Moving Forward courses usually take place over two consecutive weeks and are delivered by a Moving Forward Facilitator, in partnership with NHS hospitals. Courses cover a range of sessions and topics delivered by expert speakers, supported by on-demand online resources.
What will I be doing?
You will be supporting a Moving Forward Facilitator at the course. Typical tasks may include:
- Liaise with Moving Forward Facilitator, to establish shared responsibilities;
- Help to set up and clear away at the beginning and end of the course. This includes
- signage, but will not require any heavy lifting;
- Welcome participants on arrival;
- Circulating around small groups during the course to support participants’ discussions;
- Actively listening during group discussions and proactively contributing with your own insights, when appropriate;
- Offering emotional support to participants if they become upset or need to take a break
For more information on what is required of this role and what we're looking for from a volunteer, please read the Moving Forward role profile.