This role is to help Breast Cancer Now with general office administrative tasks either in the office or from home. While bringing your own knowledge and experience to the role you will also have the chance to develop new skills whilst making a great contribution to the work of Breast Cancer Now.
What will I be doing?
The tasks will involve basic administration, which may include:
- Data entry: Updating our databases
- Administering web enquiries and submissions onto our database
- Writing birthday, thank-you and Christmas cards to our volunteers
- Supporting with other additional administration tasks that you feel comfortable with
- Confident in using IT, including Word, Excel, databases, and digital platforms. Use of thesewould vary depending on the task
- Own computer or secure access to one when working from home
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility, as this role can be quite varied
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to show tact and discretion if dealing with sensitive or confidential information
- To work within Breast Cancer Now’s policies and guidelines
For more information on what is required of this role and what we're looking for from a volunteer, please read the Office Volunteer role profile.