Hadrian's Wall Duathlon
- When Various dates - May to October 2019
- Where Cumbria and Northumberland
- Type Walks and treks
Join Team Now
Minimum sponsorship pledge: Register a place for £199 and pledge to raise a minimum of £780 sponsorship.
Self funding: register for £380 and pay the balance of £589.
Already have a place?
If you've already signed up for the Hadrian's Wall Duathlon and want to fundraise for us, fill in our online form and we'll support you all the way.
Follow in the footsteps of Roman soldiers and take part in this duathlon visiting a series of towers, mile castles and forts along the whole of Hadrian’s Wall. You will cycle first, walk the central and more mountainous part, and then get back on your bike for the final stretch. You will walk the finest and best-preserved sections of the Wall. In three days you will cycle 85 miles and walk 15 miles.
Join Team Now
You’ll not only get your very own Breast Cancer Now t-shirt, but access to our online Training Zone, the complete support of our experienced Challenge Events team and a fundraising pack with everything you’ll need to raise money. You will also receive a fundraising pack and access to our exclusive Fundraising Tips and Ideas webpage with everything you’ll need to reach your fundraising target.
A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Thursday: Meet later in the afternoon/evening at the accommodation in Carlisle. Briefing with trip leader and guides in the evening.
Day 2 - Friday: Transfer to start of event at Bowness-on-Solway. Cycle along Hadrian’s Wall Cycleway; taking in the Solway Firth, Carlisle, Brampton, Lanercost Priory and Gilsland to Greenhead. Transfer to accommodation.
Day 3 - Saturday: Transfer to Greenhead for walking section. Walk along the most spectacular section of Hadrian’s Wall, from Greenhead to Brocolitia.
Day 4 - Sunday: Transfer back to Brocolitia, with bike. Cycle through Hexham, Ovingham, and Newcastle to Wallsend. End of event: transfer to Newcastle station and return home.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness and weather conditions.
- Three nights’ twin room accommodation in a good quality B&B or hotel, with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast (single rooms available at a supplement of £45 per person per night)
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders & cycle guides
- Transfers from point of arrival and point of departure as well as during the trip to the start and finish points of your walks
- Baggage and cycle equipment transfer
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Option to use your own bike (mountain or trail bike)
- Briefing, route planning and equipment check to ensure you have everything you need to fully enjoy the following days
To do this challenge there is a non-refundable registration fee of £199 per person, payable to Maximum Adventure at the time of booking. You can then choose between the two different options below.
Self-Funding: £199 registration fee at the time of booking and £589 balance due 10 weeks before departure.
Minimum Sponsorship Pledge: £380 registration fee at the time of booking and to have raised 80% of the £780 minimum fundraising target 10 weeks before departure.
Location, venue and travel
The starting venue