Which do you prefer? Chestnut and caramelised onion, or chunky pesto? We can't choose which of these delicious dips is our favourite!
Chestnut and Caramelised Onion Hummus Dip
(Makes 1 large bowl)
- Handful of chestnuts (you can buy these in a pouch, already peeled and cooked)
- 1 red onion
- 1sp butter (use olive oil to make it vegan)
- 1 tbsp sugar (any type is fine)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Chop the onion, and caramelise in a pot/ pan with the butter, sugar, and balsamic vinegar. Cook until the onions are soft.
- Add your drained chickpeas, tahini, caramelised onions and chestnuts into a food processor. Add salt to taste.
- Whizz until the texture is smooth, like hummus. If it’s feeling too dry, add olive oil or a teaspoon of water.
- Serve and eat with your choice of cracker, crisp or vegetable.
Chunky Pesto Dip
(Makes 1 small bowl)
- 1 bunch basil
- 70g cashew nuts
- 1 squirt lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 25g grated parmesan (for vegan option, substitute parmesan for 25g nutritional yeast flakes)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Put all your ingredients into a food processor, and let it whizz!
- Stop every ten seconds or so, to scrape the sides back into main mixture.
- If it’s not turning creamy enough, add up to a tablespoon of water and a little bit of oil.
- Serve in ramekin with crackers, carrots, bread or whatever takes your fancy.
We’d love to see the pictures of your bakes and hear about any homemade recipes you’d like to share! You can get in touch with the tea-loving team at firstname.lastname@example.org.