Connect with us
Quiz nights! The perfect get together for people with competitive streaks. Invite your friends and family for a fun-filled night to find out who really knows it all.
Tips for hosting a quiz night
- Time: quiz nights often take between two and three hours. Make sure you run through the questions before the quiz itself and work in an interval so everyone can grab another drink or snack. You could even use it to talk about what Breast Cancer Now means to you, and why you’re supporting our vital work.
- Venue: a pub, community hall, or even your own home are all great places to hold a quiz. Just make sure you contact the venue at least four weeks in advance so there’s plenty of time to book in your date and promote the event. Also check that there will be enough tables and chairs for the number of teams you’re expecting.
- Questions and quiz host: plan out what the rounds will be in advance, whether it’s sports, geography, music or something more unique. Picture rounds are a good way to give your voice a break on the night too. Keep everyone entertained with a good variety in terms of difficulty.
If you’re pressed for time, you can find plenty of questions online, or make it more personal and have a round inspired by those attending. Make sure you’ve recruited a quiz host to read the questions and that everyone has pencils and paper at the ready on the day itself. You can use our handy quiz sheet to record answers!
- Fundraising: ask for an entrance fee from each team or have a collection tin on the day. You could even set a charge for clues for any tricky questions! Save yourself counting change by setting up a JustGiving page and display a QR code on any posters so guests can donate easily. You can also boost your fundraising further by holding a raffle at the same time. Just remember to read these guidelines on raffling at an event.
- Prizes: don’t let your winners go empty handed! Check in with your local shops, friends and family - they might be able to donate something for the night. Visit smaller shops in person and drop bigger shops an email. Get in touch if you need a letter of authority as proof you’re fundraising for us.
- Decorations: a quiz night needs to look as fun as it feels. Tell us what you need to help turn your venue pink. Think banners, balloons, collection boxes and more. Just get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 025 2425. We also have some materials including posters and bunting which you can download here.
Before you get started...
Make sure to read the legal information on fundraisers, it contains lots of important information you’ll need to know before you set out on making your event a reality.
Remember you can always get in touch with us at email@example.com if you want to talk about your plans.
Got a plan in place or looking for more inspiration? Request our fundraising pack today to get started!