We are currently seeking Challenge Leaders for our London to Paris and Budapest to Zagreb Cycles 2019. Challenge Leaders are a vital part of our student fundraising program and help raise thousands of pounds for vital research every year. Becoming a Challenge Leader will allow you to develop your skills, create lifelong friendships and take on fantastic trips with other students across the UK.
What’s in it for you?
- Discounted fundraising target for your challenge
- Fantastic experience to include on your CV, with advice on how to utilise this role for both the charity and other sectors
- Take on a once in a lifetime challenge
- An insight into student fundraising from a charity perspective
- Raise thousands of pounds for breast cancer research
What does the role involve?
Challenge Leaders are vital in ensuring our challenge participants have the best experience possible. You’ll start by promoting your event across campus to recruit your team, gaining vital marketing and recruitment skills in the process.
Once the team are signed up you will be involved in supporting the group throughout their fundraising. Organising fundraising opportunities, workshops and socials whilst providing individual support for your team to ensure they have the best experience possible.
What support will you receive?
Once you have submitted your application a member of our dedicated student fundraising team will be in touch to go through the role in more detail. After signing up you will be invited to London for our Challenge Leader training day. Here you will hear all about the charity, the trip, your role, the recruitment process, how to support your team, and what support the charity offer during the year.
Throughout the year we will also provide:
- Individual meeting to make a bespoke marketing plan for your campus to help you get the most sign ups possible for your team
- National fundraising opportunities throughout the year
- Online Challenge Leader resources and fundraising resources for the team
- Monthly emails with fundraising ideas and updates from the charity
- Monthly catch up calls with updates on your team
- Regular communication via phone, emails, and social media
- Support from our dedicated student fundraising team throughout the year
To apply you must be a current university student and match the following criteria:
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- A team player, able to work with others to achieve a positive outcome
- Confident and outgoing
- Fundraising experience is useful but not essential