Asking your loved ones for donations to Breast Cancer Now to mark your special occasion is a generous and thoughtful way to raise money for life-changing care and world-class breast cancer research.
Every penny you raise will make a real difference to the lives of people affected by breast cancer.
Fundraise for your birthday or anniversary
Whether you’re marking an important birthday or a milestone anniversary, there are plenty of ways you can celebrate whilst making a difference. Here are a few ideas:
Hold a party:
- Plan your event: take a look at our guide on how to plan the perfect event. We’d recommend writing a list of all the things you need to arrange in advance, including venue, food, invites and decorations.
- Ask for donations: set up an online JustGiving page and display a QR code on any posters so guests can easily donate online on the day, or get in touch to order collection tins.
- Decorations: contact us at email@example.com or on 0207 025 2425 to order balloons, banners and more to make your venue perfectly pink! Take a look at our fundraising downloads for posters and bunting too.
- Extras on the night: add some additional fun on the night by planning party games or use one of our sweepstakes. You could even organise a raffle to raise a little bit more. Just remember to read these guidelines on raffling at an event.
Donations in lieu of gifts
Ask your guests to make a donation to Breast Cancer Now instead of buying a present.
- Set up an online page: to make it simple for your family and friends to donate, just set up an online JustGiving page. Share some information about why you’ve chosen to raise money for Breast Cancer Now and make sure you ask your friends to add gift aid if they can. You could also set up a fundraiser on Facebook - just make sure to send us a link to your page.
- Shout about it: share the link to your JustGiving page on social media, via WhatsApp and over email.
- Share your impact: get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you some examples of how donations of £5, £10 or £20 can help support people living with breast cancer. You can then share these with your friends and family to encourage them to donate.
Fundraise at your wedding
Giving your guests our lovely ribbon pins as wedding favours is a meaningful way to support people affected by breast cancer, while helping to make your big day extra special.
Fundraise in memory
If you’ve lost a loved one, come together with friends and family and hold an event to celebrate their life. We’ll support you with ideas, special cards and ribbons to share memories on the day, and ways to fundraise in their memory.
Planning on holding an event?
Make sure you read the legal information on fundraisers, it contains lots of important information you’ll need to know before you set out on making your fundraiser a reality.
We would love to chat to you about the best way to support you in your fundraising. Say hello at email@example.com. We’re all ears.
Order one of our free fundraising packs to get tips, advice and materials to help with your fundraising.