What you can do
You may find the resources below helpful. You can also contact your local health facilitation team or learning disability nurse for help.
Our Taking care of your breasts mini guide.
The PDF below explains what happens at a breast clinic.
- Books beyond words tell stories in pictures to help people with learning difficulties explore and understand their own experiences.
- Easyhealth Links to information for people with learning disabilities.
- NHS Fife Going for a mammogram DVD – for women with learning disabilities.
- Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities works with people with learning disabilities, their families and the people who support them.
- Family Advice and Information Resource is an information and advice service for people with learning disabilities, parents, carers and people who work with them in Edinburgh.
- Mencap provides information and advice for people with a learning disability, families and carers in the UK.