Our promise to you
At Breast Cancer Now, our supporters are at the heart of everything we do. With each advance we make in our labs, and every step we take for women affected by the disease, it’s your passion, determination and generosity that drives us forward.
It’s our ambition that by 2050, no one who develops breast cancer will die from it. And we know it will take all of us, working together, to achieve it – which is why we’re so grateful to you for your support.
We work to the highest fundraising standards
We’re committed to making sure we use donations as effectively as possible, and that we’re providing that highest levels of customer service and care to our supporters. That’s why we’re members of the Fundraising Regulator self-regulatory scheme. The Fundraising Regulator works to ensure that organisations raising money for charity from the public do so honestly and properly.
As members of the scheme, we follow the Institute of Fundraising's Codes of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Codes. And wherever possible, we try to go above and beyond these principles.
This is our promise to you.
We will always be honest with you
- We will tell the truth and won’t exaggerate
- We’ll do what we say we’re going to do
- If you have questions about our fundraising activities and costs, we will answer them – openly and truthfully. Take a look at our annual reports, or get in touch with us and we’ll help you find the information you need.
We will keep your personal details safe
- We will only ask for personal details that are relevant and required
- We will never share or sell your details with charities or other third parties for marketing purposes, unless they're working on our behalf
- We will comply with the law, including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment
- We will do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Institute of Fundraising Codes and with this promise
We will act with transparency
- We will be clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- We will explain how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment in a way that’s accurate and easy to understand
- We will be accountable to you
We will treat you with courtesy and respect
- We will respect the rights, dignities and privacy of everyone who supports us
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you don’t want to give, or wish to stop giving, we will respect your decision
- We won’t email you unless you have opted-in to receive emails from us
- If you tell us that you don't want us to contact you in a particular way, we won’t
We will be fair and reasonable in all our work
- We will make every effort not to use any images or words that could cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We won’t cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption to you or anyone else
Where are we fundraising this week?
Right now, we’re funding almost £25 million worth of ground-breaking research projects, supporting nearly 380 of the world’s brightest researchers at 31 institutions across the UK and Ireland.
This means that our fundraising agencies have a very important job. Around the UK they work in private sites and as well as going door to door to spread the word about our research and raise money that makes it all possible. Find out if our fundraising agencies are working in your local area.
Making a complaint
We take our promise to you very seriously and pride ourselves on working with you openly, honestly and respectfully so that the money you donate can be put to use as quickly as possible.
If you’re unhappy with anything we've done while fundraising, or feel we’re falling short of our standards, please get in touch with us so we can take action.
Our complaints procedure explains how we’ll deal with the issue you’ve raised. If we can’t resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication.
Get in touch
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to talk about anything relating to our fundraising or our promise to you.
For all general enquiries please call our helpline on 0333 20 70 300. We’re open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Or you can email us on email@example.com
Our postal address is:
Breast Cancer Now
5th Floor Ibex House