If you’d like to make a difference to the lives of people affected by breast cancer and love connecting with others in your community, then this volunteer role is perfect for you.
What will I be doing?
As a community fundraising volunteer, you could do a range of fundraising activities depending on your interests. We can help you choose how you’d like to raise money. Here’s some ideas:
- Host events such as a coffee morning, afternoon tea, curry night, a ball, BBQ, quiz night, or anything else that takes your fancy
- Organise your own bucket collection or bag pack at your local supermarket
- Help connect your Breast Cancer Now relationship manager to local companies, and clubs and societies, so we can form new fundraising partnerships
You could also get involved with representing us locally by:
- Raising awareness about breast cancer and how people can support us, by giving talks at a range of events or manning a charity information stand at events like local exhibitions
- Attending a cheque presentation on our behalf at other supporters’ events
- Signposting local people affected by breast cancer to our life-changing support, like our Helpline and online courses
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Motivated with lots of initiative
- Confidence and communication skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Comfortable with cash handling and good numeracy skills
- Access to a vehicle, or good transport links
What commitment is needed?
This role can be very flexible to fit around your lifestyle. Community fundraising volunteers are different to people who choose to fundraise as a one-off, because the role is ongoing. As a volunteer, you would:
- Deliver a calendar of fundraising activity throughout the year
- Complete an induction and training on health and safety and fundraising management
- Commit to working within our policies and guidelines, including donor and volunteer confidentiality, and equal opportunities
- Give references, criminal self-declaration and adhere to our Money Handling Policy Agreement, to protect us against fraud
What will I gain from becoming a community fundraising volunteer?
- Most importantly, you’ll be helping people affected by breast cancer and making a positive difference to your local community
- You’ll have a lot of fun and meet new people in your area
- You’ll improve your skills in things like fundraising and event management
- Any out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed in line with our volunteer and money handling policy
I’m interested in becoming a community fundraising volunteer
Great! We can’t wait to talk to you more. Please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 263 6489.